Friday, December 24, 2010

Twas the... Are you Nuts???

Less than 24 hours until Christmas!  Is you're shopping done?  Reports are that tomorrow will cap a great year for stores and quite possibly a new sales record.

If you are like many others who have waited until Christmas Eve to do last minute shopping, I have just one thing to say to you... Are you nuts!!!


Twas the day before Christmas as I sat in my house, 
busy on my computer, pointing and clicking my mouse.
My shopping not done, which gave me a scare, 
as I scribbled and stared at my shopping list there. 
The children still dreaming and warm in their beds,
while visions of electronic gadgets filled up their heads.
I'm off to fight traffic, now where is my cap,
I thought to myself, realizing they'll be no time for a nap.
When what to my wondering eyes should appear, 
six inches of snow, how am I getting out of here???
Away to the tool shed I flew in a flash,
grabbed me shovel and cleared me a path.
Then off to the mall with the speed of a snail,
to fight with the crowds for I certainly can't fail!
With the patience of angels and the rhythm of the wise,
making every second count... Who are those guys?
Next year I'll start early to avoid this plight,
for now, Merry Christmas and to all... Good Night!

For a healthy approach to what could turn out to be a very stressful day, might I suggest you start early with a good breakfast and have a plan in hand. If you're the adventurous type, I am sure you will not be disappointed. 

What ever the day brings, remember that most of those in traffic or in the stores fighting for space and time right a long side of you... Are probably just as stressed as you!

To all of my faithful readers, friends and supporters.  Have a very Merry Christmas, full of love and joy that lasts for years to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment