Monday, March 29, 2010

Weight for it... Go!

Wow... My first blog! It was along time coming. What can you expect from this point on? Weekly thoughts & ideas on diet, dieting, weight loss, exercise, lifestyle, foods and meal recipes. Why???

My life took a dramatic turn six years ago that has forced me and my family to focus on a healthier lifestyle. My daughter was born with Prader-Willi syndrome (PWS) and the most prevalent issue affecting those with PWS is extreme weight gain due to an insatiable appetite that starts at a very early age. Parents are forced to put locks on refrigerators, food pantries and in some cases, lock their children in the house to keep them from stealing from neighbors. It has been very difficult to maintain control of my daughters weight due to the many physical and health related issues that are a part of PWS, but she has been very understanding at six of the issues that affect her, which is typically not the case.

Healthier eating is quite the challenge for a family that had enjoyed splurging on snacks, soft drinks, fried foods and so many other fattening, but delicious foods. We have come along way over the past few years and with the help of a wellness physician who is a close friend and advice from many other doctors, as well as support and tips from other parents, I hope to provide interesting reading and useful information to help and inspire others.

Please read responsibly. I am not a doctor and I have no special qualifications related to the information that I provide in my blogs. I am however a devoted father who is concerned about the health, welfare and future of his family.

No comments:

Post a Comment