Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Weight ing for you...

Having a child with Prader-Willi Syndrome is the ultimate test when it comes to healthy living. PRADER-WHAT? Prader-Willi Syndrome is the result of a deletion in the 15th chromosome. As a result, individuals face a lifetime of being hungry, always! They are constantly feeling hunger and to complicate matters they have low muscle tone, a low sensitivity to pain and burn calories at only about 60% efficiency , compared to the rest of us.

My daughter is 6 and a half and has Prader-Willi Syndrome. She is the sweetest little girl... most of the time, but the hunger can affect her mood on occasion.

Up until now, you have read my Blog about my thoughts. When it comes to weight loss, diets and healthy eating... I have a lot of thoughts and opinions.

How about you?

I would love to hear your thoughts on weight loss or tricks to stay on track. Got a healthy recipe to share? Is there anything you would like to see discussed here that involves healthy eating? Please post a comment and let me know that someone does in fact visit this Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment