Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Blogging For Prader-Willi Syndrome

They may not realize the true potential for our children... But I do.  There are new Bloggers in da house!  Many of my friends in the Prader-Willi Syndrome community have started Blogging for the new year.

Illinois Chapter - Prader-Willi Syndrome Association
I have many friends who have been Blogging for a while, but it has become a hot new trend over the last few weeks. Here are three new Blogs from moms with children who have Prader-Willi Syndrome (PWS).


Why Blog?

There are many great reasons, but I believe the most important is that they can become diaries of sorts to share with other parents for inspiration and insight.  Especially as many parents find themselves in uncharted waters with children who are newly diagnosed.

Parents are looking for hope & insight and that rarely comes from medical professionals who are working from books.  Experienced parents can provide real live insight, solutions and ideas on how to get the most out of medical providers, government support (including schools) and useful tricks.  This should never take the place of professional medical advice, but it is good to feel like you're not alone in your struggles.

Another great effect of Blogging, as one mom put it, it can be very therapeutic (voicing your frustrations, struggles and opinions). Consider this also, I believe it can boost confidence to know that someone is reading you're writing and cares about what you have to say, besides feeling good about what you create, for yourself. Plus, you are in some cases noting for record, events or milestones that you may want to remember at a later date.

*A Blogging Bonus*  RAISED AWARENESS!  As search engines continue to index internet content, they are ranking by popularity, things like words and phrases used.  As the term Prader-Willi Syndrome is used more and more, it ranks higher in popularity.  When things like Blogs related to PWS are linked together with followers who share the same interest, this can also help boost PWS up in the rankings.

Higher rankings get related Blogs ranked higher in search results, and as a result, people who search for something unrelated may find a PWS Blog just because of one word (a keyword) used in the Blog content. They are then exposed to this thing called Prader-Willi Syndrome and another seed is planted for future support in fund raising, government bill support and in the community where PWS education is so important for the safety of our children.

Why do I Blog.  I love to learn new things to help my daughter and I want to share with others.  I also do it for all the reasons mentioned above.

"FOLLOW" me please by clicking the "Follow" button on the right. It is nice to be recognized for your work. Please comment any time on any post to let me know your thoughts... I don't bite! LOL   Please also "Follow" my friends who are taking time from their hectic lives to share their journeys.

Become a Blogger and join us.  If you want to start a Blog to share your parenting experience, go to Blogger.com. It's FREE! Let me know if you do so I can "Follow" you.  If you need help, message me on Facebook.  You will need a Google gmail account to use Blogger, if you don't have one, and... It's FREE!  I love free.

One more reason I Blog is so I can share my business with anyone looking for natural alternatives for a healthier home and body.     
Terry Guinn, A Healthier You Too

Treat your family to the quality products they deserve.  Shaklee products are always safealways work, and are always green. If you would like more information about Shaklee products, please contact me, Terry Guinn, Shaklee Independent Distributor, through my website at  www.ahealthieryoutoo.com or if you would like to checkout the products for yourself, go to my Shaklee page at  www.ahealthieryoutoo.myshaklee.com 


Shakleebaby & Shakleekids





No comments:

Post a Comment