Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Would You Jump... For $10,000?

I have always said... "I'll try anything once".  Boy could that cover a lot of territory!  I guess I really should clarify that with, "almost anything".  
Imagine that someone was to offer you $10,000 to jump out of an airplane without a parachute?  For someone who used to be a paratrooper in the 82nd Airborne and in need of cash, my first thoughts might be of how I could make like "Rambo" and aim for some trees to slow down my decent or to consider the possibility of making a good landing to take on the impact and survive. Oops! I forgot to ask from what height. Of course no one in their right mind would consider jumping out of a perfectly good airplane without a parachute.  Or would they?  What if the airplane was a piper cub and it was still parked on the tarmac? 
It is so easy for us to make quick decisions before getting all the details and as a result we sometimes are stuck recovering from a poor decision or kicking ourselves for not looking into a good opportunity that we could have been benefiting from all along.  
My wife just showed me a big advertisement in the local newspaper that appeared to be a news article about a new, clinical strength, diet pill.  Had I not taken a closer look and read it fully, I would have thought someone had discovered a miracle pill for weight loss and that some reporter was breaking the story.  Ok, so it's an advertisement!  It still interests me because of my daughters syndrome.  In researching it further, I found a simple professional looking website with a 2010 copyright.  It listed as its active ingredient, an extract of the Caralluma Fimbriata plant from India (known to have potential). Clinical trials were conducted for four weeks with 26 participants. hmmm  No problem, I still have a lot of time left to research this before the limited time, 48 hour, discount offer expires. 
Well, you know the old saying “if it sounds to good to be true... It probably is”. In many things I read about this diet pill and the company promoting it, there were a lot of questions raised about who actually did the “undocumented” clinical trial, ownership of the so called “patented process” and whether the only ingredient listed is even included.  The diet pill in question has been around for a few years and you would think that by now they would have been able to establish a reputation or more results to back up their claims.  Obviously they still feel the need to deceive potential customers through advertising disguised as breaking stories.  
I have not shared the name of this product with you because these are only my opinions and I believe we should all form our own opinions in everything, based on our beliefs and needs.  Research is critical when it comes to our families health and that which we put into our bodies.
That is why I am such a big fan of Shaklee and all of it’s products. In the absence of government oversight in the growing supplement industry, Shaklee has gone over and above to prove the quality and safety of it’s products with over $250 million in research, over 80 thousand tests each year and over 100 scientific papers (90 of them published in peer-reviewed scientific journals) that support product safety and efficacy.  And so much more!  

Take a little time to explore Shaklee and see for yourself the potential that this 54 year old company has to offer you and your family.
If you would like more information about natural nutritional, weight management, beauty and healthy home products from the #1 natural nutrition company in the U.S., please vistit my website at www.ahealthieryoutoo.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment