Thursday, September 23, 2010

Prader-Willi Syndrome and You

    Today's Blog post is dedicated to the parents and their children who struggle with Prader-Willi Syndrome (PWS).
     For someone who has never heard of PWS it is hard to understand the many issues that families and children are dealing with, because it is hard to communicate that message effectively. Today I watched a video that is the best short, yet complete, and simple description (approx. 8 min) of Prader-Willi Syndrome that I have seen and it was done by Lisa Graziano who is the Executive Director of the Prader-Willi Syndrome Foundation of California. Given the fact that an estimated 1 in 15,000 have Prader-Willi Syndrome, chances are good that you know someone with PWS or have met someone involved with it one way or another. Please take a couple minutes to check out this video to get a better understanding of why I work so hard at gaining a better understanding of good health & nutrition, especially for my daughter.



     Through the APX Alarm contest mentioned in the video, I have gained many new friends and contacts, especially in the PWS community. Being involved with the PWS community has been a godsend and thanks to Facebook, I have connected with families all around the world and I get to hear their stories, as well as learn from their experience. Through that same contest on Facebook I also came to realize that we shouldn't limit our support to just the "community" that we happen to be a part of due to a specific struggle.  I now have many new friends who, like me, have children struggling from one of hundreds of disabilities.
     We have a lot to share and learn from each other.  My daughter Kirsten has also taught me so much and has inspired me to learn even more, not only to help her, but to benefit myself, my family and anyone who will listen.  It is my hope that through my Blog, lives will be touched and changed in a positive way.  
     If your interested in seeing part one of the video above in which Julie Casey, also on the board of the Prader-Willi Syndrome Foundation of California, talks about how the $30,000 will benefit families of children with PWS... Click this link  PWCFVIDEOS on YouTube    
     For more information on Prader-Willi Syndrome and to see if there is a chapter in your state, please check out this link: PWSAUSA


Shameless Plug (to feed my family): If you would like information on natural nutritional supplements or healthy home products from the #1 Natural Nutrition Company in the U.S., please visit my website at  www.ahealthieryoutoo.com       
For my family... My daughter has enough problems and for the future of my children & my children's children, I want the cleanest products available. I became an Independent Shaklee Distributor because I trust Shaklee and love to help others, which is what Shaklee is all about.  You too can trust in Shaklee products due to the rigorous testing that goes into each natural ingredient before it is used, the millions spent on clinical testing, research & development and the focus that this company has had for over 50 years on "Going Green", before anyone knew what going green was. 

No comments:

Post a Comment