Saturday, September 18, 2010

Vitamin D for Weight Loss... Not!

It has been an exciting week full of inspiration.  For those that know me well, know that I love to attend active meetings and events. I walked out of a big event for Shaklee Independent Distributors on Tuesday with new knowledge and a lot of inspiration. One such inspiration has to do with flu season that is knocking at our door and a new product that Shaklee has introduced, their new VITA-D3.

When I get excited, I have to take a step back and gather my thoughts, otherwise this blog would be filled with ramblings and useless information.  I have always been a little on the skeptical and distrusting side... "If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is", so when armed with a new idea, concept or resource that is "good for me" I research it.

We all know the importance of Vitamin D in our diets or through exposure to sunlight, but there seems to be a growing deficiency of vitamin D as the Australian Prescriber and others suggest.  You read about warnings against excessive exposure to sunlight, air pollution blocking sunlight, people spending less and less time outside at critical times of nourishing sunlight and of course there is our ever growing toxic food supply. Important note: The Australian Prescriber article stated best the risks of Vitamin D toxicity for those who take ridiculous amounts... "Stated best" because I got a chuckle out of the risks that made me wonder when someone will explore the potential for weight loss, or perhaps thats how they discovered the risks.  "Vitamin D intoxication causes hypercalcaemia and can present with symptoms of anorexia, nausea, constipation and depression."

Aside from the unhealthy weight loss potential... I discovered some very interesting information about Vitamin D, in that it has a lot of great potential that many may not be aware of and there are those that would suggest that it could even replace influenza immunization.  One such resource is The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition and it also links to other references & articles. If you are a fan of Natural News they also have an article referencing the AJCN above, as well as many other sources and thoughts. Benefits, aside from the norm and the potential for fighting the flu bug, may include suppression of asthma in children.

Obviously we can find lots of resources & information on the internet and in books at the Library.  We can form our own opinions, even before research, and find a lot of information to back those opinions. That being said, for your families health, always do your own research to make educated decisions to fit your specific family needs.  If I can help you with information on natural nutrition supplements or healthy home products, please visit my website at http://www.ahealthieryoutoo.com

Even if you have no interest in my business and its products, I would love to hear from you.  I am having  a lot of fun on my journey of discovery... For my daughter Kirsten who has Prader-Willi Syndrome and for myself.  You can comment below or contact me through my website. If you enjoy my Blog posts, I would greatly appreciate it if you would officially "Follow" me.

No comments:

Post a Comment