Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Unhealthy Battles that Rage Within Us

As I continue on my journey to better health for myself and my family, I continue to find new reasons and sources for improved health.

Is it just me or is there some information being hidden from the masses?  I'm talking about the unhealthy battles that rage within of us, that many may not be aware of. 

I bounce around a lot on the internet from blog to blog, source to source and I also attend events, meetings and training opportunities. When I hear or find something interesting, I research it.  Tonight at a Shaklee Independent Distributor event I listened to Shaklee's Dr. Jamie McManus, who is also author of  Your Personal Guide to Wellness, discuss Shaklee's anti aging tonic as well as several other natural nutritional supplements.  She was throwing out discouraging statistics about the world's failing health and some of the things contributing to that decline, one of which was the "inflammatory response" to eating and the cellular damage it can cause. WOW!!! I have never heard of that one and I thought to myself... my goodness were all doomed.   

As always, I jot a note to myself and as soon as I can... I go to the almighty internet for answers.  

What I found when searching "inflammatory response" was a lot of information about fatty acids, receptors, inflammatory cells, antigens, pro-inflammatory foods and many more words that require explanation or definitions to fully understand.  

Simply put: Inflammatory responses are your bodies defense against invaders such as bacteria or other  injurious agents, including physical injury. Unhealthy fats, such as trans fats and saturated fats used in some food processing, or chemicals such as nitrites in processed meats, are among the list of invaders that can trigger that response. These inflammatory responses can last for hours after each meal and if they continue because of a poor diet, can cause cellular damage that can lead to type 2 diabetes, heart disease, some cancers and a host of other problems.  

Think of it this way... If two opposing armies meet for a short battle on your lawn, the grass will likely be only matted in some areas and will recover fairly quickly.  But if they keep coming back, your lawn will get scared, worn and most likely the surrounding area will suffer damage as well, including permanent damage, like the loss of that mighty oak that provided you shade on your front porch.

To better understand these processes and how they can affect your future, please do as I do... Use the many, many resources on the internet to get a better understanding of the processes & struggles going on within each of us.  Environment, nutrition, proper diet and exercise are the keys to a healthier future.  If you would like information on natural nutritional supplements or healthy home products from the #1 Natural Nutrition Company in the U.S., please visit my website at www.ahealthieryoutoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment