Sunday, December 12, 2010

A Wonderful Life...

Cameron Newton just won the Heisman Trophy!  Was there ever any doubt?  
Of course you might not have heard the news yet because you were too busy with your children, helping with homework, transporting then back & forth from an athletic event, introducing them to classics such as "It's a Wonderful Life" or working overtime to keep up with the ever growing expenses of raising a family. 
I may miss the games and awards, but watching “It’s a Wonderful Life” tonight, for the 100th time in my life, reminds me of just how lucky I am. 
My wife and I reminisce often about the days we had the time to do anything we wanted, like play Nintendo Golf at all hours of the night, eat ice cream anytime or sleep in...  Those were the days.
I'm not complaining!  Our children have added structure to our lives and with the addition of the twins seven years ago, we received the missing piece of the puzzle that made our life complete.  One of the twins was diagnosed with Prader-Willi Syndrome and has become our health coach, sort of.  Ok, perhaps more of an inspiration.  Many of us have guilt when it comes to overeating.  My guilt comes for different reasons. Because of my daughters disabilities and her restrictive diet, I have lost ten pounds over the last year.
As I look back and realize how my life could have been, without children, I have to wonder... Would I have even survived to the half century mark???  As I pop my vitamins, slurp my Vivix and sip my hot tea, the children are all fast asleep and I am enjoying my quiet time catching up on the days news &  events. 
Come Sunday I may not get to follow the day in sports, as I take time for my children, but I  wouldn't be living this wonderful life without them.  I still get my time and I can catch up on the sports excitement, but nothing compares to my children's excitement and their smiles that make life worth living.
Exercise and proper nutrition are the keys to a parents full life of children’s activities, excitement and smiles. What are you doing to stay healthy?  Did you know that our food supply is not as nutrient rich as it used to be? Did you know that more than 65% of Americans regularly take supplements? What do you know about the supplements that you use or see advertised everyday?  
This is cool!  Shaklee has a Digital Edition (click here) of their catalog (I love catalogs) that includes the “Clinical Research” section starting on page 118.  Also, clicking on the product picture takes you right to the product page in a new window. 
December is a great month to treat your family to the quality products they deserve.  Shaklee products are always safealways work, and are always green.   Several promotions available, including the "Free Membership" offer below. If you would like more information about Shaklee products, please contact me through my website at  www.ahealthieryoutoo.com or if you would like to checkout the products for yourself, go to my Shaklee page at www.ahealthieryoutoo.myshaklee.com 



SPECIAL OFFER:
December 1-31, 2010, "Free Membership
(a $19.95 value) with an order for $70 worth of products at member prices.

No comments:

Post a Comment